PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 14th Aug 2018, 07:44
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclic
HC, I know you have been out of the game a while but why do you need to monitor the systems on a 175? The hierarchy is such that you never look at the ‘systems’ unless there is a reason to. The master list concept made the 175 a whole lot better than the 225. As for the mechanicals, as you say, only time will tell but it does seem a great deal less frantic than the 225. AH are being extremely cautious with the gearbox. I do hope it is a success in the long run as it is the most quiet, smooth and fast rotary machine I have ever flown. Take it to a FL and it is like a plank wing....apart from the orange suit, underwater breathing apparatus and life jacket...and the constant awareness that it is all about to go wrong...
I’m a bit slow to come back to,you, but I don’t think you read my post properly. I said “when things go wrong”. I totally get the absence of need to monitor systems when everything is working fine, which is hopefully 99.9% of the time, and so PM can monitor with the same info that PF has. But in that rare crisis situation where something is going wrong, just when the pressure is suddenly on the PM can no longer monitor the PF optimally because one of his screens is used to display systems info. So just when workload and stress are at maxima, the PM’s effectiveness is degraded.