PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 14th Aug 2018, 00:48
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by LostWanderer
Wow thats cool Havick, I am very impressed if they can pull it off! That is great for the guys and gals there. And truly, I hope it happens for everyones benefit (including my own for selfish reasons!)
But call me a bitter, old, overly suspicious fool...I will believe it when I see it. Temporary visas are an entirely different ballpark and I just can't see how ALPA could be involved in any decision to sponsor/not sponsor a pilot. At my company and most others it is an HR decision and at their entirely at their discretion who they sponsor and for how long they sponsor for...100% removed from ALPA. I honestly don't think ALPA even could (would) come in to bat for someone who the company decided to no longer sponsor on a Visa if they deemed they no longer needed them in that position - E3 legal language is VERY fluid so you don't really have a leg to stand on from a union if the airline decides they no longer wish to sponsor your Visa renewals.

More so, fastest way to peeve off a very large group of heavily unionised US citizen/perm resident pilots...start giving temporary Visa guys their coveted mainline jobs, the union is smart and wont bite the hand that feeds them, especially not for perhaps less than 100 people. I truly love the idea and ALPA's statement of support for the lads...but I think pigs will be flying on Mars before an E3 pilot is sitting in the right seat of a mainline A320/737 etc...via any kind of flow arrangement anyway. Maybe if and when the shortage gets significantly worse.

*Don't shoot the messenger. Just my opinion *
time will tell. But I think the companies are more afraid of multi-million dollar law suits/payouts rather than just having someone do their job.

ALPA just want to enforce their contract.

its probably very likely the very reason Envoy didn’t go down the E3 route.