PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 13th Aug 2018, 13:27
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Seagull201
Tell me JP, what does an F/O at Skywrst earn per month, take home?
Is that enough to rent a unit, drive a car, groceries, pay bills, eat out, gymn fees, go out?
I dont think so.
I'm telling you conclusively that is is enough to do all of the above. Plus the savings are piling up nicely. If you want to continue to believe the youtube videos you watch and ignore the people who are here with first hand experience, then you really should go back to school and learn about acceptable sources of information.

I’m sure this has probably been covered already but does the E3 Visa contribute in any way toward an application for permanent residence as in a green card or citizenship? In the event that ones US employer doesn’t require your services after two terms totaling four years is that it? You have to pack up and head on home?
The E3 has no path to a green card. You need to get married to an American or win the Diversity Lottery for that. If you wanted to come to the USA long term on an E3, I'd suggest Piedmont, where you can hang around for a few years and wait for flow to American. There is nothing in their contract that would stop that happening for an E3 holder but I'm yet to hear of any real life stories.

I think there is a 60 day grace period which will allow you to stay and and search for work if your employment is ended prematurely.
Even if there is, you're still going to need a new visa, which would be a damn pain to get onshore. You'd have to pack up everything and go, then come back a few weeks later with no flight benefits. That would suck.