PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2018, 12:34
willy wombat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew into EDI and out from GLA at the end of last week. I remain unimpressed by the EDI new pier which we parked right at the end of. Not only a long walk in but also had to fight our way through a queue of easyJet passengers waiting to board a flight to Spain. Baggage slow again. I was also disappointed by GLA. It is a good ten years since I last flew through there and it seemed, for want of a better way of putting it, a bit sad and dated (except of course for World Duty Free which seems to be the same brightly lit maze everywhere). I also accept that the walk out to the gate (I can't remember if it was gate 7 or 9) is as long as the walk along EDI's new pier but at least once you are in the gate room the inbound and outbound pax are separated and in its defence, that pier is over 50 years old. I would like to put in a positive word for Swissport as handling agents are so often slagged off. We were on the 21.05 Easy to LGW which was about 20 mins late inbound. Swissport were ready and waiting mob handed and did a very good job of achieving a quick turn round which was sadly somewhat negated as a punter had checked a bag and then failed to turn up causing a further delay while the bag was retrieved.