PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stolen plane used as justification for pointless tasks rants
Old 13th Aug 2018, 08:28
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
So in order of importance, it goes full birth certificate, then either drivers licence or passport, then existing ASIC. I mean WTF..? So after going though the exhausting process of identity checking, police checks, security agency checks to ensure you pose no risk to anyone and then issuing a nice shiny ASIC card to verify it, when it comes to renewing it only 2 years later, it only carries the same weight as a medicare card..? Don't even get me started on the $256.50 fee plus the cost of photos, plus postage, plus time to go in person to get 'sighted' by an agent now. And for what..? To be 'seen' to be doing something about security..?
Well, that's basically sorted it out for me. I've kept my ASIC current but use it less and less these days, so not bothering any more as I really don't have the patience to play the stupid games to renew it.

After 48 years in the industry, time to give it away I reckon and concentrate on something more enjoyable.