PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stolen plane used as justification for pointless tasks rants
Old 13th Aug 2018, 07:44
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain extralite. Currently going through the process of renewing my ASIC. Again. Absolutely same documents I used 2 years ago. Only difference was a more recent photo I was required to go and get as they can't be older than 6 months. Even though my passport and drivers licence can be used as proof of ID but might be nearly 10 years old. But what I find the most baffling of all, is that in order of importance of identity documents, your existing ASIC ranks a lowly category C on the same level as medicare card..! So in order of importance, it goes full birth certificate, then either drivers licence or passport, then existing ASIC. I mean WTF..? So after going though the exhausting process of identity checking, police checks, security agency checks to ensure you pose no risk to anyone and then issuing a nice shiny ASIC card to verify it, when it comes to renewing it only 2 years later, it only carries the same weight as a medicare card..? Don't even get me started on the $256.50 fee plus the cost of photos, plus postage, plus time to go in person to get 'sighted' by an agent now. And for what..? To be 'seen' to be doing something about security..? Make them valid for 10 years like a passport and stop this blatant money spinning RIPOFF..!

That doesn't feel a tiny bit better. That's just made me more p'd off. I'm going to have drink and a lie down.