PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many aircraft have you flown in - in your life time ??
Old 13th Aug 2018, 07:32
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
Some do, as a spotty teenager I kept a school exercise book as my logbook, detailing crew, route, time and comments. Once when flying the line a similar book was passed to me in the cockpit with an adult, very much travelled pax, requesting I fill it out with similar details. In fact it was quite interesting flipping through it and seeing names I knew of folks from long ago, who they were flying for, and what they were flying.
That's nothing compared to some of the, ahem, rail" enthusiasts" .....carriage number, seat number, fwd, aft or sidewards seat, year of manufacture, operated routes, journey times and that's before they get to the locomotive details.......as witnessed and overheard very recently in fact.

However, patience is a virtue and now we have the perfect thread related opportunity for the revelation of some 42 types to be clarified.....or so we may think, because, the two posts so far on the subject have been remarkably devoid of this information but, not unsurprisingly, have offered complexity in response to a simple question plus the essential personal involvement . But, as we now know the log books are available, then it can only be a simplistic exercise to extract the information, and capacity ( hours would be a bonus of course ) to print on here.

As a lead in, a sort of "starter for ten " if you like, a list of the gliding types ( I pulled the cable release knob and operated the air brakes aside ) and the standard achieved would be of interest..

Flight Testing, may, of course, be covered by the Official Secrets Act.