PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 13th Aug 2018, 05:17
JPJP

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AerocatS2A
Which is all irrelevant really. All that matters is if you want to do it or not. Do you want to go to the US and fly there for the money on offer? Yes. Then go ahead and do it. It doesn’t matter a jolt what different people are earning.
I agree. It would certainly help if posters who have no clue about either subject would confine themselves to videos and talking to “their mates”. There are plenty of pilots on PPrune who have either worked for an Oz Regional and/or a U.S Regional to supply facts. The rest is just noise.

For the Seagull and Left 270. This is what facts look like.

4th year Q400 FO. working 120 hours in 2018.

Originally Posted by Fujiroll76
Not necessarily, a typical 120hr month with 6 overnights per roster would see 100K. Most if not all being on Q400 bypass pay atm.

*figuers based on being a 4th year FO on the 65% rule.
From the Eastern EBA:

Base Pay: 78,733
DHA: 9,360 (120 x 6.50 x 12)
Overnight Allowances: 11,315 (157.15 x 6 x 12), this assumes the pilot qualifies for all meal allowances for each overnight trip.

Total: $99,408 + other allowances.

Based on the above I stand corrected.

I am probably in the minority with the following opinion but I wouldn't really include overnight allowances as part of the annual wage as I see it as an allowance to cover the additional expense of having to "dine out" versus feeding oneself at home.

Regarding FOs on by-pass pay, well yes they would be on more than $100k, but they aren't really on the FO pay scale are they? It's not like a new hire would be immediately accessing that would they?