PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 12th Aug 2018, 21:36
JPJP

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Left 270
I’ll add as well at no point have I said one way is or was a better option than the other, just a simple comparison of wages.
Thats not the issue. I completely agree that arguing over quality of life, or pay methodology is a waste of time. Example - The idea of long service leave makes me green with envy.

The issue is this - you’re answers are incorrect. Which makes me wonder if you’re actually living it, or just reading about it. You claimed that a 2nd year Dash FO is making $ 138K AU PA. Working hardish, it’s around $100K. Your Super isn’t your pay. You don’t seem to have a firm grasp on either system.

The Oz EBAs are publicly available. Produce the United CBA. I’ll wait Like most people, I still have strong ties to friends in Oz airlines. Their EBAs have less flexibility in general. A good or bad thing. Depends on your point of view. example - here, it is possible to completely or partially clear your month, and then pick up trips at premium pay (150% or 200%). It depends on season, skill and seniority. But it occurs at ~ 90% seniority levels to differing extents. Hence - multiplying an hourly rate by guarantee is meaningless.

What type do you fly, and how long have you been doing it ?

I’m pretty sure Seagull is my 8 year old nephew trolling me