PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone stole a Q400 from Seattle?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 20:22
RenegadeMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keeprighton1974
Dare to question the official story of an event and have your sanity questioned. Please don't send me to Room 101.

I'm going on a FlyBe Q400 later this year. I'll be sure to tell the pilots how easy their job is and how unnecessary their training is. I mean, any old Tom, Dick or Harry could do it on the first attempt. Gimme a break
Why don't you give all of us (who just can't stomach more ridiculous conspiracy 'nutters' as someone above's said) a break! Why is there such a penchant for some people commenting in Internet forums to jump to conclusions there's an "official story" and then the real story? What is it that has you automatically assuming that "you'd have to be born yesterday" to believe "what we're being told"?

Do you really think a conspiracy is at work here? For goodness sake, a man is dead, his family is grieving, an ATC controller probably now needs counselling help too, co workers and colleagues have been left shocked and upset and it was all live broadcast across an open frequency (now reproduced on dozens of websites) so just "how" has there been a cover-up or an "official story" different to what's happened at work here? He clearly knew how to start the aircraft (you can learn this stuff easily - it's called "The Internet"), taxi it to the active runway and take-off. His maneuvers were likely pulled off with a combination of practise from flying a Q400 sim on his home computer and some "dumb-luck" that had him just level out before hitting the water. The final crash may have been another "barrell roll" that didn't work out.

None of this means
I'm going on a FlyBe Q400 later this year. I'll be sure to tell the pilots how easy their job is and how unnecessary their training is. I mean, any old Tom, Dick or Harry could do it on the first attempt
is even remotely a valid comment and in fact it's totally ridiculous because being a professional pilot executing successful flights in all types of weather day-in day-out is a whole other skill level than what happened with this guy using an aircraft for suicide.

You really need to "think" and use some reasonable logic before commenting with such trash.

(Forum admin would you please stop deleting my post with no email explaining why!!! If there's something terribly wrong with it please advise but just deleting it with no word or explanation is hardly in keeping with this forum's openness)