PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone stole a Q400 from Seattle?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 15:57
gr4techie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PukinDog
I don't feel sad. I feel relieved and very happy this guy didn't wind up killing innocent people on the ground or in another aircraft while he was helping himself to his self-indulgent, attention-getting method of suicide. On the radio he sounds like a typical Millennial YouTuber/Facebooker trying (and failing) to act nonchalant and witty for effect, otherwise why tune and keep his radio turned on talking with ATC if not to star in his own, final show. Perhaps if he'd said goodbye to his wife, family, and friends then quietly gone to jump off a cliff or string himself from the rafters endangering nobody else I'd feel a bit of sympathy.

But trying to make a big, self-narrated show out of it and using a stolen, recklessly-flown aircraft? no.
I actually know one person who attempted to commit suicide and another person who unfortunately did commit suicide.

Both were a shocking surprise to me, completely unexpected and were definitely not for attention. The attempted suicide said he knew something was wrong with him medically, he described it like there was a chemical imbalance in his brain that caused severe depression.

For all those on here that write "what about the innocent people", the attempted suicide told me that he didn't think once about how his suicide attempt would affect others, including the feelings of his relatives. Another person with depression told me that "other people didn't care about him".

Pukindog, do you have the social skills to work with other people, spot mental health issues and be able to resolve them? Your comments are no help to anyone what so ever and I find them quite ignorant and immature.