PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone stole a Q400 from Seattle?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 10:57
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by growahead
I don’t think he was showing off. From the statements he made, and perhaps the tone, it seemed to me he had a grievance against the company, a feeling that he had been given the rough end of a pineapple, so to speak. I think he was sending a message to the company, and perhaps trying to make them pay somehow.
Regardless, a needless tragedy. If you haven’t been in a dark place yet, you will probably get there sometime. Hopefully, someone will give you a hand back up.
Absolutely Growahead. Tragic indeed for all. Like the Germanwings crash (and I know this is nothing like the Germanwings crash) these guys seemed to harbor some company resentment but I wonder how much of that is just long time inner turmoil bubbling to the surface and finding a convenient home (and unfortunately a convenient tool) in their current employment circumstances. I do hope the controller gets some good support around him. He did a great job of remaining absolutely professional even after Rich said to him 'there are peoples live at stake here! No controller I would suspect is prepared in the slightest to deal with mental health issues in the cockpit but there he was dealing with it anyway and my hat goes off to him.