PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 08:26
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been pretty negative on BA SH and there are good reasons for that. I then asked myself what is it that I do not like? Is it that I don’t like my job or is it that I just have a really good home life? The problems here are little more than delays due to ATC in Europe, workload and rostering due to a error in manpower planning and BALPA selling out SH to protect LH. A quote from a friend of mine on LH. “Nobody gives a sh&t about SH, it’s never even talked about other than to say they are never going back”. Something has to change. I know a number of captains who are considering going RHS LH to escape. If you only desire SH and being at home BA is not it, if you want options then that’s very different.

It’s easy to piss and moan from a privileged position but on balance there are jobs I have had which I would love to go back too, but BA whilst not perfect is not bad enough to leave either and if JSS destroys my home life (probable) then there are options such as part time.......which I understand Klaus hates and wants to stamp out, or ditching the 4th stripe for RHS LH.

Applications closed? Probably......remember how keen we all used to be.