PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of G3 vs G4
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2018, 19:51
JPJP

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Catorce14
Perhaps new ones are in the realm of fortune 500 companies, but if we are talking about straight purchase price on a used plane of say 4m or less and financed under current rates, I can buy the plane .as we have been discussing , it's the maintenance that is unpalatable to me. It's just really more than I want to spend.

However I could swing a 2m jet of US only capability and spend 3-500k per year in maintenance. This would be the sweet spot for taxes for me .

The Cessna? No .Not for me whatsoever .no offense to Cessna owners .I would charter before I bought that. No one in my family would ride in it .
Hmmm. West coast air cooled Porsche engine casings. Do any work for Singer ?

Respectfully - I think you’re still seriously underestimating the operating costs. Maintenance is only a small portion. At 150 hours a year your fuel cost at ~ 3500 lb an hour would be just shy of $350K. The other costs are well outlined in the excellent post above. When you spoke to Netjets or Flex jet, you blanched at the cost. That’s an indication that operating a large cabin jet is not for the ‘well off’; but for the truly wealthy or a corporation. There are a few exceptions. Most are dead, bankrupt or ended up at a fractional.

You seem to hold the entity that was advising you in high regard. I’m surprised that they didn’t outline the situation more clearly.

Last edited by JPJP; 11th Aug 2018 at 20:25.