PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2018, 18:03
nwoody2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 the future

im sure this topic has been done to death but I’m just curious to know if there is any further clarity on where Jet2 goes in the future?!

with the relatively sudden and speedy expansion of bases into both BHX & STN, these new bases (equating to 23 a/c between them in 2019) will have taken a majority of the new 737NG orders resulting in the need for Jet2 to slow down the retirement of their 737-300 units. This also resulted in them leading in a/c including A330’s and A321’s.

As a BHX follower, they have grown massively from 4x a/c in 2017 to 11x a/c in 2019, but in the wake of the loss of MON, there is still tonnes of latent demand available for Jet2 to have a go at if they wanted to ...BCN, NCE, LIS, SXF, BUD to name a few. But with new aircraft orders coming to an end, what next? And when?

i appreciate the rapid growth at their new bases will slow over time, but equally I see them as a shrewd airline keen to seize opportunities. They have been a saviour to BHX! So are we looking at a 737Max order soon?