PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2018, 14:20
binsleepen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Paddington,

Personally if you have no interest in LH why join what is predominately a LH airline. The grief of doing multiple sectors out of Heathrow on a day in day out basis for a a 40+ year career doesn’t make sense. If you want to be home every night you would be much better off working for an airline outside London where the cost of housing is more reasonable, the commute quicker, time to command generally quicker with associated better pay.

However, the reasons I enjoy LH is the opportunities to visit places that I would never visit on holiday. To take my son with me to Chile to see the penguins in the Tiera Del Fuego or my family to Tokyo after sector swapping to turn a 4 day trip into a 6 day trip. To go whale watching on a 4 day San Francisco trip or visit the Aztec temples in Mexico.

On LH you only need to commute 4 or 5 times a month with the same number of departures and arrivals from Heathrow. Like all jobs there are downsides and frustrations as well, but as an individual you need to work out what your priorities are and then find a job where you will get the greatest percentage satisfaction to live your life.

Regards