PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair strike
Thread: Ryanair strike
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2018, 14:15
arse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Air Profit
Well, if it is true, you can be certain that any pilot facing that circumstance will not be doing so for much longer. Either because FR has changed their policy, or he has resigned and found employment with a more caring employer. That is the fate of many airlines in the industry. Whether they like it or not, the growth of aviation, the retirement rate and the sheer desperation for finding suitable pilots to employ is forcing airlines around the world to make a choice: either they accept that the "old days" are over, and they provide good pay and working conditions, or they continue to act like a raging dinosaur (FR and CX) and wonder why they are crippled by strikes, sickness levels and resignations. Utlimately, airlines will realise that the last people they can afford to upset and alienate are their expensive, highly trained and hard to replace technical staff. For the next TWENTY YEARS at least, that paradigm WILL prevail. The only question is whether airlines with myopic and ultimately incompetent managements like FR and CX will wake up before it's too late. My bet is they won't. They are led by congenitally stupid people.
Hear! Hear!

Apologises if that is too colloquial. Google as required!