PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2018, 19:36
NLP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SextanteUK
Thanks for the info guys. I know this is how aviation works, but I've been moving non stop for 10 years and I'd like to think that my next step (or the next one haha) will be the last one. And I know that's almost impossible in this industry, but......

Easyjet UK I guess it's out of the question with all the brexit crap. So we'd basically have Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Portugal and Spain I guess. Zero interest in Spain, I'm from there and I left 10 years ago. Politics kills me too much.

I've been reading about Portugal and how the contract/quality of life is not that good compared with other contracts. Is there any reason for it?
I would not recommend Portugal. I've been based there flying for easyJet and it was the unhappiest place I've ever worked at. The contract is rubbish and Portugese taxes are really high. Local HR is a pain and "mistakes" on your payslip are not uncommon. They take a long time and perseverance to be rectified.

There is a base freeze indeed and some people have been kept there regardless of their expired base freeze.

My advice: stay away from easyJet Portugal at all cost.

NLP

Edit: the base freeze of 3 years was there already before easyJet paid for TR's. It's to keep pilots in the base because everybody seems to leave at the earliest opportunity. I've seen about 50% of the workforce leave in just over a year.

Last edited by NLP; 10th Aug 2018 at 19:40. Reason: Reason base freeze