PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Costs - am I in the right ballpark?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2018, 01:33
rudestuff

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Selfin beat me to it: Your figures are way out. Even with zero experience, you can get everything done for £35,000.

You already have 28 hours in an Airplane - so you need 12 more for an FAA Pvt Cert. That should cost you about £2,000, certainly nowhere near £8,000.

There is no such thing as an FAA night rating, it’s all included in the Private training so that won’t cost you anything.

The CPL requires 200 hours, so that should be the last thing you get - so work backwards from that. Get an FAA private, then go straight into the FAA IR (it all counts towards your 200 hours so you’re really only paying for the instruction) *If you do a part 141 IR course you can skip the 50 hours pic XC requirement. Once you’ve got that, do at least 50 hours of your hour building under IFR. If won’t be much fun, but you’ll qualify for the CBIR easy route (training as required). As an IR holder, your CPL course will be reduced to 15 hours which can be done in an SEP - so you never have to get your MEP rating.