PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 16:25
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SecondDog
It isn't a case of not agreeing. It more a case of agreeing that what you see (or are presented with by the media) might not be as clear cut behind the scenes. (For example, I believe the hall would have been capable of processing the current forecast loads but other factors at play have both caused and highlighted the bad times and painted them as ever present when they are not)

You say that the MD carries the can but that is really just a PR carrying of the can for those who want to wail at someone. He has actually done (instigated) a lot behind the scenes to improve performance.

I cannot really talk about the details (which is frustrating) but it could have been much worse than it has been if not for the efforts of many Airport and ICTS staff going the extra mile to assist.

I, like some of the others below/above believe that life should improve under the new contractor come October.
I’m glad to hear the MD has made changes and has been working to try fix things. I guess my perceptions are based on what I see when I travel through and I haven’t witnessed any improvement.

The hall desperately needs powered rollers and a screen to stop people from congrgating around the first body scanners. Hopefully thats on the list of things to fix.

I also don’t doubt it could have been much worse. Hopefully those staff who have gone the extra mile get recognised when the dust settles.