PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 15:46
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
To me that would be admitting that the original vote was somehow mismanaged. .
Absolutely not Megan ! And I do apologise if my wording was such that you misconstrued my meaning . But for TC-T & co. to go back down that path would be madness beyond logic , but if they were daft enough to do it , then with view to the shenanigans of Oct'16 , it would be recommendable that externally audited consultants were on hand . People who were not at that AGM may be unaware that an attempt was made to fix the voting so as to preclude those voting by proxy . Curtis-Taylor's entourage were fairly prominent in the room and were hoping that they would 'do away' with normal practice and just have a show of hands from in the room.
There was no impropriety whatsoever on behalf of the LAA and Chairman Brian Davies conducted the proceedings impeccably and stamped on the vote-gerrymandering in pretty short order.
Furthermore , it should be borne in mind that Curtis-Taylor's situation has altered since Oct22nd 2016 . At that AGM , an A4 printout was given to those present showing supposed explanations to all those 'mis-understandings'. Quote : " It is clear from what I say about the Africa flight and subsequent expeditions that they were not solo flights" . a couple of paragraphs later comes this ; " At no time was there any suggestion that these later expeditions were solo flights , although some erroneous press coverage reported that they were".

All this was shown to attendees at the AGM . It was another 6 days before 'The Herne Bay Tapes' appeared publicly . Their impact needs no explanation .

So for Ms Curtis-Taylor , attempting to obtain any sort of redress from the past would be foolish indeed . A lose/lose situation in fact .
Megan is correct , the matter is closed ! Unfortunately for poor old JZ , he probably will never see any answers either .
But for TC-T . The option of lying low is the best option by a country mile