PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of G3 vs G4
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 14:22
rickseeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Catorce14
That is exactly the type of perspective I am looking for as a counterpoint . I am exactly the sort of person you are talking about, very diy . How long did you own it for?
Not that long, probably 6 months, I forgot to mention the Hawaii trip in the GIII, decided maybe this large cabin stuff would work and bought a Falcon 900 on the cheap. It's been wonderful too. Many trips to the BVI and Hawaii and Tahiti. I had never flown oceanic before so that was exciting/educational. Yes, it's true, sooner or later if you keep it long enough you will run up next to a large inspection. Just did the "C" inspection, which this time included the landing gear, and did paint too. The bill was a little under million. But in theory you won't have another inspection that large for another 12 years. There are dirt cheap GIV's out there. I looked at one last year that was beyond belief, a little over 1 million and just had the 72 month done and nearly 10 years left on the engines. It made no sense. The guy died and they just wanted rid of it. Find a deal on one and have the time of your life.