PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at LHR... A true story?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2003, 03:13
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boofhead
So no bomb threat to an airport has ever resulted in a bomb being found?
Funny then my twisted imagination must have dreamed up our irish friends making numerous threats to Heathrow one day in the early 90's, and then mortar bombs arriving on the aprons. Try watching the video of the little girl's badly injured body being lifted up by someone after the Frankfurt Bombings. Remember Lockabie? Threats were made about all these events.
Or perhaps the history of terrorism started in on sept 11th. The trouble with Americans is you forget the rest of the world has been dealing with this for years.
Leaving aside the nutters with home made lunchboxes full of wire and kiddies playdo, to my knowladge the Isralis have found at least none bomb, that one having already got past the BAA's security at heathow.
You are probably right, treat everyone as a supsect and the chances of something being used as a weapon to try to hijack an aircraft are much reduced. You make your point so come up with an alternative.
I will agree on the bottles from Duty free...but then as its from what I understand a big money spinner for airport owners, draw your own conclutions on the chances of them being banned by goverments.