PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 06:42
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by asdf1234
I have used Bourgee before and was distinctly unimpressed. It was the Bourgee experience that pushed me to the lounge but my last visit there was underwhelming. Maybe the trick is to arrive "Just on Time" and proceed directly to boarding.
Yep, I'd recomend that option. The lounge is just not on par with how you'd expect a lounge. One thing I've generally noticed about the lounge, the main entrance doors are generally swung wide open as you pass them heading to the escalator towards the gates. You can see straight in and hear all the chatter and hussle of people at the security area when you are within the lounge. It could do with the airport management getting an interior designer in to redesign it and pimp it up. It's underused as it stands right now and could generate additional income if they had the lounge ambience and market promotion pitched much better.

It's something the departures area is going to increasingly require especially as the airport becomes increasingly busy when likes of Ryanair come to SEN and pax volumes begin to really ratchet upwards.