PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E3 Visa - Flight Instructor Jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 04:37
Kranz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not yet, I've only just finished the PPL syllabus (without the certification as I want to progress straight through to CPL anyway). I was hoping to find a flight school that can offer the visa sponsorship to allow me to complete the full CPL & CFI syllabus and then automatically graduate to paid instructor with that same school. Hopefully, accumulate the remaining hours to 1500 then transition to airline job.

Maybe I'm being overly hopeful that the current shortage in the US can better assure me of employment post training, but given the recent crap going on in Australia (RE: total disregard by the airlines for succession planning, pilot employment freezes, importing trained pilots on 457 visas without assisting locals to develop, and the gender and minority group employment targets) I have come to the conclusion that I am unlikely to realise my dream here in this country.

In acknowledging that I am under the minimums for immediate consideration in the US, I also want to ensure that any progression of training here in Australia is focused towards maximising suitability to the US market (and hopefully, future career aspirations).