PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E3 Visa - Flight Instructor Jobs
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 01:41
Kranz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ thanks. I agree it's a little bit presumptive to expect an employer to pay for the initial training. What I really want is for a potential employer to guarantee a job and a visa sponsorship at the conclusion of the training - that I would be willing to pay for (obviously subject to satisfactory performance throughout the training).

This would probably look like, and require a job interview in the early stages of training (i.e. now) so that a determination could be made (now) as to my suitability as an employee on completion of training.

I would effectively be willing to work for anyone, doing anything, anywhere, at any time of the day or night on the proviso I was at least treated like a human being and paid equal to, or above, minimum wage (I will not prostitute myself as this is against my principles).

At my age and with my financial/family commitments, it is bordering on too high risk of an investment without assurance of employment afterwards. The cost of the training itself if within the sphere of 'do-able' but only if I can make a career of it afterwards.