PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of G3 vs G4
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2018, 19:49
rickseeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW, you guys play with some big numbers. Now let me tell you how po boys in Arkansas do it. A few years ago my brother was wondering if he wanted a large cabin jet. We've had Citations and a Lear Jet between us. Didn't really know if large cabin would be too much work/too expensive to maintain/so much hassle taking the fun out of ownership. But after having everything else wanted to give it a try. I found a GIII at Gulfstream coming out of inspections. The owner wanted out. The pilot was there to take it home. We went to see it. It looked good, the pilot said he would be glad to keep flying it. Paid $400,000 for it. Flew it to Las Vegas, Cancun, New York twice, several short hops. Had a lot of fun. Had a great local guy on the field jump in for the maintenance. Had a wing tip light go out. Cost $40 to fix it. That was the only parts ever bought. They were going to outlaw GIII's soon without hush kits so sold it for $400,000. So I guess what I'm saying is maybe some people can do it cheaper than the pricing stated above.