PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why did they want us to maintain altitude
Old 8th Aug 2018, 12:04
zzuf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vilas
If that be the case then why would the manufacturers say so? Not only that they further explain should it happen you may have to reduce thrust to reduce the AoA. Swept wing aircraft have a tendancy to pitch up at stall and that gets aggravated by thrust.
I understand and have experience with the pitching moments generated by underslung engines at low speed and high thrust.
But it seems to me that you are saying that there is a bunch of aircraft around that suffer severe, possibly uncontrollable pitch up at the stall, but are still certificated.
This is not true, make me wonder which manufacturers claim their aircraft are, essentially not fit for certification.
The Colgan accident investigation report makes no reference to uncontrollable pitch up that you alluded to.
The days seem to be long gone that wing designers are unable to develop a swept wing without significant low speed pitch up problems on transport aircraft.
I was introduced to the "blast out" of the stall technique by airline trainers over 40 years ago, I thought it a crock then and have never changed my mind. I rejected the technique as soon as I stepped out of the aircraft or simulator. The surprise is that it took the airline trainers so long to realize the nonsense of the procedure.