PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Manchester Area
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2018, 09:53
funfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Also, *why* does a microlight PPL not count towards a PPL?! Or is that asking a big question...)
I did a microlight NPPL first and it was relatively easy to upgrade it to a normal NPPL then to a PPL however had to do the theory exams again.
That was many years ago so things might have changed. (that was when I first came across Genghis!)
One thing I might add is that I found the training aspect of GA flying the best part and far more enjoyable than the actual flying afterwards.
Did my Instrument training at the Manchester School of Flying at Manchester Airport (no longer in existence), the challenge of using the many frequencies and negotiating the taxiways etc was an added challenge, my wife actually did her PPL training with them. Don't be afraid of using a school at a larger airport but the price you might have to pay is the additional time waiting to land.
Sorry off topic but brought back memories to me. Good luck with your training and enjoy.
You might even consider taking a couple of weeks holiday in Portugal with Gerry Breen.
FF