PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2018, 00:37
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EGAC is Better

No competive crap in my statement SecondDog. Simple fact. My username was created in jest a number of years ago when bashing the other airport was rife on this forum.

I would contend that it is a very valid comparision. As a business, your clientelle have to served. To do so you have to learn how they operate and adjust appropriately. I regularly in the last number of weeks have passed through City at morning peak in around 5 mins. At Aldergrove, at a peak time, with priority security it had become normal to spend 15 minutes in a queue. I would argue the people in Aldergroves priority queue are primarily business orientated travellers.

The sooner it is accepted that security at Aldergrove is not up to scratch, the sooner it can be address. Head’s in the sand, hoping it’ll go away will not solve the problem.
The security at BFS is already being addressed. It just isn't a wave a wand type scenario (Any of you who know GK know that if he could have changed it immediately, he would have.)

Your contention about the makeup of the queue is not correct. All the airlines flog it like a dead horse online and in some cases lump it in with other products that increase search time.

No head in the sand here, mine has been in the search area plenty this year. Perhaps I just have a different perspective.