PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much fuel?
Thread: How much fuel?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2018, 21:27
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mustafagander
The only thing I would accept is a full magnastick check of all tanks
OK, I'll bite, if the problem is that you suspect too much fuel uplifted. And your cockpit fuel gauge fuel gauge indications show the wing tanks to be full ... and the engineers stick quantity calculations assume the wing tanks are full, and the wing tanks are in fact full, what useful information would have been added by sticking the wing tanks and confirming that they are indeed full, just like the engineers correctly assumed, and just like the cockpit gauges correctly indicated? ?

Originally Posted by mustafagander
as well as a reasonable explanation of how come the uplift was so much higher than calculated.
Well, they believed that the delivery meter had not been reset to zero. If you have two completely independent measurements of the fuel on board (quantity gauges and engineers stick measurements) which agree, and show the correct load on board I think a lot of crew would tend to accept explanations that involve the uplift quantity being in error. Not having the results of the investigation in front of you before the incident, it's hard to know which pieces of information in front of you are in error.

Last edited by A Squared; 7th Aug 2018 at 21:46.