PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA 61.75 'Piggy back' Certificate Validity
Old 7th Aug 2018, 21:02
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
I am trying to help you dude. You are correct that:
Originally Posted by Gustosomerset
the FAA licensing system (unlike the EASA system) no longer has type ratings for helicopters under a gross takeoff weight of over 12,500 pounds.
Therefore a full FAA license covers flying any helicopter that meets that requirement (except Robinsons, but that's another issue).
I have put the link AND an explaination to this:
Originally Posted by Gustosomerset
The question is whether the 61.75 piggyback FAA certificate follows that same model.
NO IT DOES NOT. 14 CFR 61.75 (e)(3) states:
(e) Operating privileges and limitations. A person who receives a U.S. private pilot certificate that has been issued under the provisions of this section:
(3) Is subject to the limitations and restrictions on the person's U.S. certificate and foreign pilot license when exercising the privileges of that U.S. pilot certificate in an aircraft of U.S. registry operating within or outside the United States;
As an example, if on your EASA license you are limited to flying a Bell 206 as this is the only rating you have, then that is a limitation that is subject to para (3).

Seems pretty black & white & RED to me, but I have never had an EASA license and have no desire to get one.

I second Havic's advice.