PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2018, 20:24
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SecondDog
cannot be compared in realistic terms. If you are present at both, you should know this already. Different type of customer with different needs and states of preparedness (regular business folk compared with holiday once a yearers) and also a vast reduction in the amount of items screened at City as a result. Not to mention the different type of contents requiring fewer interventions from the searchers etc.

Can we put aside the competitive crap in our analysis and think about the facts.
No competive crap in my statement SecondDog. Simple fact. My username was created in jest a number of years ago when bashing the other airport was rife on this forum.

I would contend that it is a very valid comparision. As a business, your clientelle have to served. To do so you have to learn how they operate and adjust appropriately. I regularly in the last number of weeks have passed through City at morning peak in around 5 mins. At Aldergrove, at a peak time, with priority security it had become normal to spend 15 minutes in a queue. I would argue the people in Aldergroves priority queue are primarily business orientated travellers.

The sooner it is accepted that security at Aldergrove is not up to scratch, the sooner it can be address. Head’s in the sand, hoping it’ll go away will not solve the problem.