PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair-2
Thread: Wizzair-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2018, 16:09
alm1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is fine distinction when routes are discontinued and when they are on sale and then get canceled when lots of people have already bought tickets. Wizz always does later. And they do not send notification immediately, they wait till 2 moths till departure.

If I didn't look at my account, I would think I still have Christmas flights from Vilnius to Rome. But that route got canceled with many others to make room for flights from Vilnius to Marrakesh and to move one aircraft elsewhere. My account showed that I have flights to London instead with the suggestion to accept this little change. Oh, and the new route from Vilnius to Marrakesh is now canceled too before even starting after people bought tickets (obviously too little of them), so now is Vilnius to Lviv on sale. And many other routes get time changed when they make these changes.

They also just remove frequencies mid week outside of peak season (like in September, October) on non performing routes with just several weeks notice keeping aircraft on ground to save costs, passengers with tickets be damned.

They to this all the time. And they still manage to get away with simple refunds as Ryanair already has been forced to add clauses about rebooking on other airlines to their policy and notifies customers about such possibility.