PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2018, 09:57
XV666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DOUBLE BOGEY
Crab I have not attacked the crew.

Unfortunately you have: both directly and indirectly.

Answer the question, would you have continued from reasonable VMC, up a hill, into fog, in the weedisphere, whereby your survival and that of your pax now depends on a line feature, road, along which members of the public are driving and riding?
Again you are basing your nonsensical attack on crab@ on assumptions.
What and how far do you know the 365 had transited from VMC? The nine seconds of video with the 365 show it travelling no more than 200 metres, probably 150, in a nose up attitude commensurate with coming to a hover. All with the cabin door open and a check being given from the back: maybe looking for a landing?
How far do you know the 365 continued after it left the video shot?
How do you know that there were pax on board?

My position is there are no circumstances, SAR, HEMS, SF, CHARTER where I would consider this to be acceptable. That’s what this is about.
It was none of the above, it was a Mil flight. What you do in other circumstances is cute but not relevant to your insistence on Being Right, Regardless. That’s what this is about.

As I posted before, many of us have done Mil operations in severely reduced vis, low level, Mk 1 eyeballs, day/night with full command approval. Just because your experience didn’t include such stuff is no reason to carry on about HEMS, Charter, SAR et al. All of which I’ve also done, to different rules, around the globe.