PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings (Germany)
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2018, 09:14
azdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sekmeth
I was reading that statement as well, but I doubt its correct.
As I have spoken to e Lufthansa representative in Hamburg (at Interpersonal) and with a TRE during my screening, and both confirmed me that they are also looking for German base FOs.
But my main concert atm is my previous question, regarding rosters. Any info regarding a typical roster or a rough estimate would be much appreciated.
Even though they are advertising DEFO for Eurowings Germany, keep in mind that those positions are open only to:

1-people that pass DLR
2-people with a German level B2

If you are participating to a selection run by Interpersonal then, do not kid yourself: you are going to be placed in Eurowings Europe with the following bases:

1-VIE
2-Salzburg
3-PMI
4-MUC (it is a big question if that base is still going to be assigned to EW EU since the crews -because of the double taxation agreement between germany and austria- are paying double taxes for the sector flown within germany)

The salary quoted for the first 3 bases on previous posts are correct:

Fo 2200/2500
cpt 3200/3500

You can talk to anyone from management and regardless of what they say, those are the numbers. Keep in mind that the Austrian management have some interesting human resources practices where -for whatever reasons and excuses - they seems to continue missing payments for sickness, holidays, sectors and some agreed bonuses. Regardless of what arbeitrech in Austria dictates. Union Vida representatives are quite inexperience guys and are putting very little pressure on the company.

Some people seems to be owned a lot of moneys - I have heard up 20k euro - so be careful in planning your living with the number quoted above, you might get less money after all.

There must be a reason why 2 TRIs plus Post Holder Training recently resign and some young captains too.

enjoy austria flying...