PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2018, 07:02
Al-bert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DOUBLE BOGEY
Al-Bert, this thread is not about the merits and achievements of RAFSAR! Which BTW I have due respect for.

its a debate on the perceived risks associated with hover taxiing in fog along a public road. If you think this is perfectly acceptable that’s great but I am of the opposite opinion. However, I am wasting my time competing with the great SAR gods who think swallowing risk whole makes you all special. I will be honest with you though. I would rather fly with a seasoned HEMS pilot any day than share a cockpit with a RAFSAR pilot and their unique lack of risk awareness and to be frank, arrogance. I have experienced several RAFSAR pilots at very close quarters and to be honest, you guys don’t travel well. CRM, paradoxically, almost absent when you don a civvy flight suit. You need to learn some humility. That’s me being restrained.
DB, now stop worrying! I did my job for thirty years, enjoyed it immensely (most of the time), was amply rewarded for that time and have no desire whatsoever to don a civvy flight suit. There, feel better now?