PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - limitation on taxi speed
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2018, 22:19
good egg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LimaFoxTango
One really had to come here to ask a question such as this? Is this where aviation has gone?
In a bid to satisfy the customer? The customer is (nearly) always right, come the bottom line. In these days of social media the views of the end-line customer prove to be very effective. Do your customers want to be thrown about? (Depends on customs, I suppose.) AFAIK many airlines have SOPs which generally prevent their customers from being unnecessarily thrown about in the cabin. Seems reasonable, given the flack?

It mightn’t be helpful to efficiency targets but it’s something to deal with, and understand. From an ATC point-of-view I will (almost always) ask crew if they are able “expeditious backtrack” etc if the gap is tight. If not, I’ll alter my plan. It’s not rocket science, nor is it ununderstandable...

In ATC terms we need to know if you can accept a rocket-propelled backtrack, or not. It affects what we do. It affects how (certainly) “my” airport operates.

So yes, this is where aviation has gone, and where it will be centred on....customer experience, positive (hopefully) reviews and recommendations. Not rocket science...