PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2018, 19:45
[email protected]

Received 630 Likes on 272 Posts
DB - you say you don't criticise then do so again in the next sentence.

You say you have done this yourself and learned from it but don't allow this crew the freedom to do the same thing.

HEMS is ambulance driving - SAR is often very boring searching but also plenty of flying in atrocious weather over inhospitable terrain to save life, they are not the same other than the fact you end up with poorly people in the back of the aircraft on the way to hospital.

If my rules were as you say (and helonorth seems to imply) not only would I have creamed in a long time ago but anyone I have taught or examined (especially in the SAR role) would have done the same - ergo it is another 'fake news' statement in your continued crusade.

We (RAFSAR) have lost a few over the many years of service but none fatal and none to do with CFIT or pushing on in bad weather - the Irish CG (which I assume you were referring to) is a far more complex accident than simply bad weather - and at no point were they pushing any of their limits - so, again, totally irrelevant.

BTW if you suddenly find you cant turn around you have already gone too far.
no sh*t sherlock - but you haven't answered what you would do if you found yourself in exactly that situation...............

You still don't get it - they didn't plan to go into fog, they didn't go into it deliberately and once they were in it they had to get out safely - which they did!