PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO‘s expectations of a new Captain
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2018, 09:10
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach E Avelli
...shave or grow a beard (ladies exempt from both). Sloppy appearance equals sloppy pilot.
Sorry but that’s complete tosh. What is this, 1952 or something? I’m sure if you usually had a full head of hair but came in one day sporting the Ed Norton American History X hairstyle eyebrows might be raised at that. So why is that shocking on the top of your head but go a couple of inches lower and that’s the ideal? I’ll give you a clue why, because it’s all b*ll*cks.

Same as what I’ve witnessed in a previous airline where a grotesquely overweight base captain has marched over the apron to an otherwise immaculately turned out FO who happened to have some five o clock shadow to administer a b*llocking for his “appearance”. One has a bit of five o clock shadow the other is sweating profusely with stomach bulging out, shirt around the navel has a button unfastened because it can barely take the strain, who looks worse? I know the answer. The best Captain (CRM and handling) I ever flew with regularly came to work unshaven, reckon I ever raised an eyebrow?