PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avdata Scam
Thread: Avdata Scam
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2018, 03:57
Clinton McKenzie

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts
On every occasion on which I’ve asked AVDATA to reverse charges that have been invoiced to my aircraft for flights to places to which I haven’t been as stated in the invoice, the charges have been reversed. Although I could have just not paid and instead sat back to wait for the debt to be proved - when it couldn’t be - AVDATA has always accepted my requests.

One problem with the ‘sit back and don’t pay’ approach arises if you get an invoice with charges for e.g. 6 aerodromes and you weren’t ever at e.g. 2 out of the 6. If you pay part of the invoice - because the charges are legitimately owed for 4 out of the 6 - but don’t say anything about why you’ve only payed $X(invoiced) - $(for the 2 aerodromes you’ve never been), AVDATA won’t necessarily know which charges you’re disputing. Again, although that’s theoretically not your problem, it’s easily resolved by a short email.

One interesting thing to watch out for: If you submit a flight plan to NIS for a flight that goes to a place that has a charge, you may still receive an invoice with a charge for that place even if you do not end up going there in fact. This seems to be programmed into NIS or a system that monitors NIS/Flightaware etc. Again, I just request a reversal of the charges in these cases, and the charges have always been reversed.

But on the day I request a reversal and it’s refused, my response will be: Go your hardest and prove the debt. I’m always looking for entertainment.