PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2018, 20:53
flybar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
Basically, Jet2 need to improve and make sure a repeat occurrence never happens again. That means Jet2 need to improve their processes, procedures and human factors revolving around these sensitive matters or risk being found to potentially have processes and procedures which do not protect against passenger discriminatory behaviours which could potentially invite a legal suit against the airline plus all the negative public relations that will generate. Over to Jet2 to get on top of this matter and sort it out fast. All it takes is a couple of random mystery passengers with special assistance requests to establish if Jet2 have their house in order. I will not be surprised if that type of watchdog random effort is planned now. Time will tell.
A mistake was made, an apology issued and a discount of £300 offered off the families next booking with Jet2. That should have been the end of the matter.

mik3bravo You clearly have an issue with low cost carriers which may be clouding the issue:-

Originally Posted by mik3bravo
People buy a cheap low cost airline ticket for £19 or something ridiculously cheap and then expect Emirates and Marriot hotel services when it goes wrong.

People need to wake up. You know what you're getting into when you buy a low cost ticket. Personally I would never use any low cost airline unless as last resort. I certainly have never and will never use any of them for holiday travels especially if you are travelling with children, yet there are people out there who do it and know full well the chances they take but are thrilled to book their Sun holiday family flights for as cheap as chips but go nuts when it goes wrong.