PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO‘s expectations of a new Captain
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2018, 09:47
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zero/zero
If they’re expecting encyclopaedic knowledge of the OMB, there’s no reason why a good Captain shouldn’t brush up on the latest Love Island gossip in return.

Oh, and stop asking for how much fuel the FO would like to take if you’re just going to use the one that’s in your head anyway...
The Captains is responsible for the cost of the operation. The hardest thing I have to deal with is trying to convince the FO without pissing them off, that we really don't need to take more than flight plan fuel when he/she asks to take more for no apparent reason.

I give the FO the respect they deserve. All I ask is they turn up early, look smart with your jacket buttoned up, be prepared and understand the task in hand which is to get from A to B and back without any problems. If I think the destination is ok for them to fly it there, I offer them the outbound leg. I let them choose first what they want to eat, I'll eat whatever is left. I let them fly it and say nothing unless I absolutely have to. I remember my 8 years in the RHS. 3 years now in the LHS. You may think sitting in the LHS is easy with regards who you will fly with, it's not.

Last edited by Black Pudding; 5th Aug 2018 at 10:01.