PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Windward Turn Theory
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2018, 09:32
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The simple fact is that my work is based on Newtons laws of motion, the triangle of velocities and the aerodynamic forces acting on the aircraft plus gravity
Brercrow,

1. Given that you claim to respect Newton’s laws of motion, then you must agree that a calculation performed from the inertial frame of reference of the airmass, an aircraft with a steady angle of bank with steady thrust to overcome drag, will travel in a perfect circle at a steady speed. True or False?

2. You must also agree that any other inertial frame of reference is defined as one that is moving at a constant velocity with respect to the first one (i.e. it is not being acted upon by an external force, so is not accelerating). True or False?

3. You must also agree that Newton’s laws of motion are respected regardless of which inertial frame of reference is being used. True or False?

If you cannot answer True to all three questions, then you are not respecting Newton’s laws of motion, and we cannot possibly move on to what may be right or wrong with your “work” (which you claim is based on Newton’s laws of motion).

If you can answer True to all three, then I am prepared to study your work further, notwithstanding that you haven’t provided a mathematical proof, you have merely programmed a “simulation”.

If you are indeed correct, in order to win that Nobel Prize you will need your work to be peer reviewed, and those peer reviews will hold a lot of weight if verified to be true by your biggest sceptics.

Regards, Fred

Last edited by Derfred; 5th Aug 2018 at 12:46.