PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City Airport (Chapter 2)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2001, 20:24
DustyFields

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has been most amusing reading the threads from the last 4 pages. It is good to seem some things never change.

Excellent approaches that bring real excitement and a challenge. I remember the hurricane that passed through in 1990 and taking over 20 minutes to go from Tilbury to the TOD. Seeing captains taking out landing lights and people landing at the first turn off on 28.

The security is still the same as we experienced during the Gulf War with drunks able to get on the aircraft and sleep but you cannot get a stolen hotel dressing gown through customs.

Actually doing the 09L to 10 flight for real!! The sightseeing was the best ride I have ever had of London.

Finally you must let me know if the compasses still need to be aligned every flight because of all the metal in the dockyard!!!

Don't stop the thread but do remember the approach has never been as exciting as it was in the real days when it was set at 7.5 degrees!!

It is always good to hear that there are success stories when so may people said it would never work. From a family that has seen the docks as a source of work for three generations in both the shipping and aviation industries good luck to you all.

Dusty