PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2018, 21:22
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is awesome t'internet judge and jury at the very finest end of that spectrum. All of a judgement based on a small part of the evidence.

If you weren't there, you don't know.

I've been in the back, and front, (even at one point strapped to the outside, in a litter on a Souix) of military, and civil helicopters doing things "that needed done" for the job. Of course "needed" is a variable definition, but that's part of the fun, is it not?

Never, have I ever thought that if I was uncomfortable with what we were doing, would I keep quiet. I doubt that any (ok maybe one or two) posting on here know the crew, but lots of folk reading this know the ethos of the flight in the video.

The car driver reacts, and has time to verbalise his response, before the aircraft is identified in the video. Some of the "piss poor vis" comes from the limitations and performance of dash cam.

Even if, and it's a huge if, the circumstances are in fact as they look, where do you get the idea that anyone on board is not "on board" with what's going on?

The aircraft commander is almost certainly not arrogantly endangering the crew and aircraft, he's apparently part of a team, all of whom are apparently practising doing what needs practised for.