PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When should I start hitting the question banks
Old 4th Aug 2018, 15:19
Up North Like

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TangoAlphad
Use the banks but do not 'learn them to pass'. You will be found out later on during your early career either in interview or by a Captain wondering why you aren't picking up on stuff.
Use the bank to learn the question style and technique they are looking for and to identify weaknesses in your knowledge. If you don't know an answer go open the books and understand what the answer is. Don't get me wrong, I strongly encourage you to use the questions just do it properly.
This is utter nonsense.

I've been at an airline for nearly 5 years now and have probably drawn upon one of my ATPL theory subjects in that period of time. Didn't require any of that theory knowledge for my interview, line training, or career. It is outdated rubbish.

You start learning what you need to know when you are flying and when you get your first job.

Do whatever it takes to pass ATPL if that means learning the question bank questions and answers then do that. Whatever suits your style.