PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA in the news for all the wrong reasons
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2018, 03:46
Progressive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
This sort of thing is not something AOPA would be interested in. "AOPA Australia is the beacon for those who cherish the freedom to fly" .they say among much other flowery, emotive language. Far removed the gritty reality.
Perhaps I should have been more clear in my initial post. In no way do I want AOPA to defend the operators here. By a rebuttal I mean an articles focusing on those who do have a good career with reputable operators. As i see it this article brings down the industry as a whole because of a few bad eggs.

Every industry has its rogue operators who will cut costs by any means, the only differences I see in aviation are:
Industry accepting this is normal. Even telling young pilots that this is what you have to do.
Unions unwilling to invest time and effort in investigating small operators.
An industry the does not support those operators who play by the rules with some good press and and continues to support those who flaunt the rules.

The net result of all this is that incoming pilots accept these conditions and dodgy operators have a competitive advantage over the good operators.

Everyone on here so far has acknowledged how bad this industry can be.......what are we going to do to make it as it should be? If AOPA is all about the P then why not provide these young players some education and support around thier employment rights. Or maybe that would be in conflict with the O part of the acronym.