PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City Airport (Chapter 2)
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2001, 02:22
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Well, how much longer are we going to have to endure these ridiculous security "enhancements" at LCY?

None of the measures I have seen are even remotely sensible. Why post a "guard" (ie cabin crew member) at the foot of the steps? The ramp is either secure or it isn't. If it isn't, the airport authority isn't doing its job and should sort themselves out. If it IS secure, the "guard" is superfluous. What are we guarding against, anyway? As it is clearly not possible for a single guard at the bottom of the steps to see the hold doors and other access points, the whole thing is a giant waste of time.

Just about as bad is the confusion over what documentation the DETR require us to sign with regard to security checks. This morning, the only thing that was clear was that nobody knew what the hell was supposed to be happening. Everybody running around trying to cover their backsides, resultant security value: nil.

It is about time somebody got a grip and did something that is actually effective. The fact that we dropped the City avoidance tracks so quickly is a clear indication of the risk assessment.

I'm all for security, but only when based on sound and rational thinking. The current situation is so disorganised as to be a joke.

Sorry to rant, but I'm getting sick of this sort of thing- what do the rest of you think??