PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FO‘s expectations of a new Captain
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 10:37
Contact Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardthethird
I would want the captain to be capable of taking good photos of me at the controls so that I can keep my instagram followers up to date.

he should not get angry when I am texting my mates on the turnaround. It is not difficult to set up the FMC so he could be getting on with that rather than moaning at me.

The captain should also not complain when I twist and turn the buttons with vigour and looking cool. You can’t be a professional without being able to look the part.

oh and finally, while we are on the subject of moaning, why do they always moan about not having my uniform on properly? It is too warm to do up my jacket and I am definitely not taking my sunnies off, even inside.

if they want me to be professional, they should start being professional too. The number of captains I have seen plonk in the aeroplane at about 1000ft in with a heavy landing, when on a long runway you should be aiming to touch down a bit smoother but a lot further into the runway. For passenger comfort. That’s what being a good pilot is all about.

kind regards,

Nigel
Age 19.5

Hahahaha! Brilliant.

Originally Posted by Paddingtonbear
I tend to this (most of the time though, I'm looking at the blank screen of a switched off phone whilst pretending to "text my mates") when I can no longer bear to listen to the mind numbingly boring chat about their latest car/super dupa TV/audio device/pension/mountain bike/woman/kids private school fees/eldests charge to be the best doctor on the planet/house extension/expanding property empire etc etc etc etc
Touche!